Shimmer

 I was a fan of this universe, the glow of the city lights, the colours playing on my fingertips. A flow of happiness that just surrounded me and lifting me to play amongst the clouds. But I have always been blind, I did not see the truth that was in front of me and my senses were just dulled with that sense of happiness.

It all shimmered.

The smiles, memories and fragrances were like a mirage, shimmering in front of me but always out of reach, just eye candy. Reach out and the colours fade, sit and watch and you can enjoy a fake life.

I am curious.

I stepped over the edge, taking a leap of faith to see what is beyond this warped reality. And then nothing. A vast, open-ended nothing.

Removing the shimmering happiness, I have nothing to bring colours to this grey-scaled world. I am already addicted to the shimmer, I cannot bear looking at the world in black and white...yet the voice in my head ask me to wait it out, have a sip of time and your wounds will heal.

So I allow myself, to drift off in the peaceful sleep and allow the world to turn dark, I do not need to see anymore for I have seen it all, I do not need to feel anymore for I have turn numb.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

Pedestal

Sanity